Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 2

Very exciting stats - for those of you unfamiliar with Blogs (as I was since, oh, 2 days ago), as an editor you can see how many times people have looked at your blog (47) and from what areas of the world. As of Day 2, we have gone international! Thanks to S and A from the Netherlands :). Also have the first official follower, my tech-savvy sister-in-law, Jen! Sacaric will be posting a review shortly. Please let me know if there are any books on the list that you may want to hear more about. I'll also add another page with a list of additional recommended books. Going forward, reviews will first show up as a 'post' on the home page, then get moved to the monthly review page. KC

3 comments:

  1. The books on your bookshelf have been robbed of their words! Talk about plagiarism, the thieves didn't even leave letters behind on the bindings.

    What is the significance of the "K&K Book Club books"? Are they required reading? Books discussed by K&K in the non-virtual world?

    I'm presently in the midst of reading the collected works of P. G. Wodehouse on my Kindle. The selection cost about $3 and I'm about 20% through the zillion pages. It's fun to see PGW experiment with genre, style and characters in his early works, and then start to hit his groove poking fun at the witless upper class. Jeeves hasn't appeared yet in his "final" form -- the wait is torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, good question.... the books in the K&K Book Club are books that have been read by that particular club. The club was formed several years ago by two young ladies (K&K) who wanted to stay in touch with good friends after they had both left their jobs. The books are discussed by K&K in the non-virtual world, though many of the members travel and miss meetings. My plan is to post the non-virtual thoughts of the new books we read here and rope the rest of you into the discussion :).

    Thanks for the PGW info - I will have to spend the $3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He KC,

    Good initiative, of course I expect also in future some good reviews of Dutch authors. As I am a pure holiday reader I will keep an eye on your latest postst and will go for the top 10 section at the moment holiday starts...

    Greetings from one of your international fans.

    Sander - time to go to bed in NL - Kok

    ReplyDelete