Wednesday, February 1, 2023

'We Are What We Eat' by Alice Waters

We Are What We Eat: A Slow Food Manifesto, Alice Waters (3.0)

Given my feelings about fast food, I was quite sure this book would appeal to me. Ms. Waters discusses the various reasons many people value fast food while elucidating the fallacies to those thoughts along with highlighting the benefits of ‘slow’ food. Many readers have pointed out that she is assuming everyone has access to local organic food and she does address this. I was less concerned with that but did feel the audience who would benefit from reading this are the least likely to. Not a lot of new info for those of us who avoid fast food, but I did enjoy a reminder of why eating seasonally is important and tasty! I immediately pulled up my winter Swiss chard recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment