Thursday, August 17, 2023

'When the Heavens Went on Sale', Ashlee Vance

When the Heavens Went on Sale, Ashlee Vance (4.0)

Though Elon Musk and SpaceX were discussed, I was happy that the book did not focus on them, but rather on the far more interesting small players who have worked out of the twitter-sphere to develop a shocking network of low cost satellites that are quite accessible to most people. As someone who follows technology and business, I was surprised how much had been done that I was not aware of. The transition of space travel from governments to commercial enterprises has happened in a somewhat ‘wild west’ fashion. I liked the writing style and found the book quite interesting. My main complaint was the level of minutiae spent on one of the companies. The author had unlimited access and wrote about every little step. That section dragged for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment