Friday, January 24, 2014

'Champion' by Marie Lu

Champion, Marie Lu (3)

The third and final book in the Legend series while not extraordinary was satisfying. I had one issue with a particular choice made by a main character towards the end, but will not give anything away. Basically I think the author made things somewhat complicated than necessary in order to generate conflict. Otherwise, the story progressed to a logical point – with June and Day trying to get support for their country while attempting to keep their loved ones safe (including each other). While I enjoyed reading the book – now a week after I finished- I realize I don’t remember the details particularly well and I am struggling to find real substance to the story. In this segment of the trilogy Ms. Lu opened the door with new countries and new technologies, but really did little with them. She stayed with the personal stories of the two main characters. If you like them, you will be drawn further into their plight, but you may (like me) be a little disappointed in the choices near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment