Wednesday, October 3, 2012

'Fluke' by Christopher Moore


Fluke, Christopher Moore (3.5)
This book was far more mysterious and dramatic then the other Christopher Moore books I’ve read.  It follows the adventures of a small group of biologists in Maui trying to understand what the whales are communicating with their famous ‘songs’.  During one outing to record the song and identify the whale, the main character, Nathan, sees ‘bite me’ painted on the fluke of a particular whale.  His attempts to understand this mystery lead him and his colleagues on a surreal adventure with surprises around every turn. While this book as the usual cast of wacky characters, it is more fantastical than funny.  What I enjoyed most was the very refreshing newness of it all.  I felt like Mr. Moore had helped me flex my little used imagination muscle J.

No comments:

Post a Comment