Monday, June 5, 2023

'Blood of the Wicked' by Leighton Gage

Blood of the Wicked, Leighton Gage (3.0)

It took me a bit to get into this story due to how the stage is set and characters introduced. I enjoyed the last half a lot more than the first half. The main story is about landowners vs those who work the land in a remote area of Brazil. A Bishop is assassinated and the main character, a federal investigator named Mario Silva, arrives from the big city to find the killer. I have read so little fiction from and about Brazil that I mostly appreciated the setting and interactions of the people. Many of the evil characters were two-dimensional and the gore was quite graphic. Mario is complex, neither all good nor all evil. I can see why this is the first book in a series with him facing new challenges.


No comments:

Post a Comment