Wednesday, February 2, 2022

'Razorblade Tears' by S. A. Cosby

Razorblade Tears, S. A. Cosby (3.0)

I’ll give this story a ‘3’ for keeping my interest, moving quickly and having some memorable quotes (i.e. ‘revenge is just hate in a nicer suit’). Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy the constant violence, cartoonish stereotypes and mostly the foreshadowing that made the villain obvious early on. We start with two fathers who come together to determine who killed their married sons. They each represent a stereotype of someone who hates the LGBTQ community (African American previous convict and alcoholic southern white trash) who need to work together on their journey to exact revenge while coming to understand how much they loved their sons. The carnage doled out and ignorant character behavior are constant. The gay bashing is tiring.  I’m surprised how many ‘5’ ratings I see for this book- I can only imagine that many like to see a wrong righted – in that the book can be cathartic.


No comments:

Post a Comment