Tuesday, August 3, 2021

'Verity' by Colleen Hoover

Verity, Colleen Hoover (3.0)

While I enjoyed parts of this book, I found it a bit too much like ‘Gone Girl’ (i.e. unreliable narrator). Reading other reviews, the majority quite high, I’m surprised at how many people were flabbergasted by the ending. I found it more interesting to figure out which type of twist the story would take – since there were several possible given the clues. Since it was so dark, I had imagined an even darker ending. The writing was good, and the plot moved along quickly. Sadly, the story is very disturbing on many levels – even the author wrote in the acknowledgements that she did not want her husband or children to read it. If you liked ‘Gone Girl’ or ‘Girl on a Train’, you will definitely enjoy this book- I do consider it somewhat better than both of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment