Sunday, July 1, 2018

'Alive' by Scott Sigler


Alive, Scott Sigler (3.0)
This was a fair dystopian YA novel, but not as compelling as many I’ve read and managed to remind me of most of them. I am surprised how many reviewers LOVED this book. While there were a couple of unique aspects (which the author requests reviewers not ‘spoil’ for the new readers), the behavior of the main character often was either very predictable or very odd. I won’t give away the plot or the twists, but suffice it to say that the book is about a group of young adults in a strange, unknown place. They can’t understand when or how they got there and it feels somewhat like a prison that they need to escape from. Yes – similar to ‘The Maze Runner’, ‘The Hunger Games’, ‘Divergent’….which frankly, are all better books. The book stops at a natural point, but I’m not sure I’ll be reading the rest of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment