Saturday, June 18, 2016

'Seven Brief Lessons on Physics' by Carlo Rovelli

Seven Brief Lessons on Physics, Carlo Rovelli (3.0)
This book should have been called ‘Seven Very Brief Lessons on Physics’. Though oddly, at 81 small pages, it is still one of the pithiest books I’ve read. Each chapter is a ‘lesson’ which ranged from Einstein’s Theory of Relativity to Black Holes. I’m not sure who the intended audience for this book was, but it certainly is not someone completely unfamiliar with Physics. While Rovelli seems to want to make these subjects approachable to everyone, one still needs a fundamental grasp of the concepts in order to understand his points. I think it’s a good primer for someone like me – someone familiar with the topics, but whose hold on the understanding is tenuous at best and who’s hard pressed to explain them to anyone else! I feel as if I could read this book every couple of years and hopefully my understanding would eventually stick

No comments:

Post a Comment