Wednesday, March 21, 2012

'Shadows in Flight' by Orson Scott Card


Shadows in Flight, Orson Scott Card (3.0)
While Orson Scott Card’s ‘Ender’s Game’ is a true Sci-Fi classic, I can officially say he is milking it for all it is worth.  The fact that I read this 237-page book in less than 4 hours show’s how little was actually in it.  As a continuation to the whole Ender’s series (the 11th book??), it is more of a long chapter than a full book.  There is no doubt that Mr. Card has a very clever overall story with this series, but I was very disappointed in the brevity of plot in this installation.  It also ends with obvious room for the next chapter!  My other complaint is that, while having good long-term plot lines, his writing mechanics and style are just not comparable to really talented storywriters. I envied S. finishing Stephen King’s amazing prose in ‘11/22/63’. I’m not sure how long Mr. Card will milk the Ender families, but I’m not sure I have the patience for another short chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment