Wednesday, May 11, 2011

LOTR

Ok, sorry for the delay, but last night I finished the last of the Lord of the Ring books.  I won't review them as I don't feel I could do them justice and I believe many of you have already read them.  I will say, for those of you who have not, if you liked the movies, you will love the books.  They are much richer in description and characters. Also the movies left out a few character favorites, such as Tom Bombadil! My all-time favorite sections of the books had to do with the Ents, and I don't feel the movies did them justice.  I just love Tree-Beard and his concern about anything done 'hasty'.  Given he is a millinnia old tree, one can only imagine how hasty little hobbits seem.  Scott is also re-reading the books and, in tribute, we had 'eleven-sies' this weekend :).

I am now reading 'Into the Wild' by John Krakauer and also finished 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' by Truman Capote (the novella) and will review them next.

1 comment:

  1. It would be a terrible loss if anyone didn't get to read the books first before they saw the movies. They are so rich with details that get lost once you already are saddled with the images from the movies. None-the-less, they are different enough and add enough additional material that everyone should read the books as well.

    ReplyDelete